The browser you are using doesn’t support the W3C specification for CSS styling. We advise you update your browser to something newer. In the meantime you can view an un-styled version of the site.
- Richard James Associates provides expert inspection in all engineering disciplines, including Mechanical, Structural and Electrical/Control.
- Preventative Maintenance Schedules
- Maintenance costs can be reduced by being proactive and eliminating failure before it occurs. Richard James Associates can work with you to develop preventative maintenance schedules to reduce your costs and downtime.
- Safety Audits
- Richard James Associates provides safety audits of engineering and operational systems, procedures, checklists etc. for individual rides or complete parks.
- Accelerometer Testing
- Richard James Associates can record the lateral, longitudinal, and vertical accelerations experienced during a ride and form a precise graphical map 'blueprinting' the entire ride. This can be useful for verifying that the forces used in design calculations are those present on the ride, determining the forces on passengers, assessing the effects of ride modifications, or dealing with insurance claims.
- Ride Monitoring Systems
- Richard James Associates provides advice on the use of hour/lap recorders, strain gauges, CCTV etc. to establish and monitor ride operating conditions.
- Expert Witness/Litigation Support
- Specialist engineering advice in the area of procedures, systems, accidents, design and component failure.
- Risk Assessment
- The identification of specific hazards and risks relating to all aspects of amusement park rides and attractions, their staff, and the public.
- Design Verification
- Richard James Associates can carry out a complete design verification which includes the following:
Design Review: Detailed review and assessment of the design calculations, drawings, and component specifications.
Assessment of Conformity to Design: Inspection of the ride (both on site and/or in the factory) to ensure that it has been built to the design specification.
Initial Test: Testing to ensure that the ride operates correctly and in accordance with the design specification.
- Accident and Failure Investigations
- Investigations into ride component, system and procedural failures in conjunction, where necessary, with the HSE.
- Engineering Inspection/Assessment/Evaluation
- This can be applied to existing rides, equipment and installations that may be causing continual problems, or to the purchase of a ride or item of plant, whether it be new or second hand. With manufacturers continually moving the boundaries of design in terms of height, speed, etc. it is particularly important when purchasing a new ride at substantial cost that all aspects of the design and manufacture are reviewed and discussed. Knowledge and experience of the possible problems with other similarly designed rides is also advantageous. Areas such as design, system control, manufacturing procedures and service/operating documentation can be reviewed to ensure that they meet with the client's and contract requirements. We are also able to provide specific inspection services for the assessment of electrical installations either relating to rides, buildings or general items of plant. Inspection of electrical installations at Amusement Parks for compliance with the relevant Institute of Electrical Engeneers (IEE) and Local Council Regulations i.e. catering and commercial outlets, arcades, workshops, etc. This service includes the production of detailed reports to allow Entertainment Licences to be issued.
- Contract Review
- When purchasing today's highly sophisticated amusement devices at significant cost, it is increasingly important to ensure that adequate contractual agreements are in place to cover all relevant areas of design, manufacture, installation and in-service support. The possible costs of not having adequate redress in case of problems arising, both during manufacture and when the actual device is in service, can be substantial.
- Health and Safety at Work
- Advice and guidance on existing and new legislation, regulations and codes of practice. Help in the implementation of these requirements e.g. The Health and Safety at Work Act, Factories Act, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations, Electricity at Work Regulations, Pressure System and Transportable Gas Container Regulations, Management of Heath and Safety at Work Regulations, Manual Handing Operations Regulations, Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations etc.
- Advice and guidance on applicable codes, standards and legal requirements both British and International.